Cheesy Pumpkin Noodle Casserole
- Product: Tofu shirataki
- Meal Type: Entrée
- Cuisine: American
- Level: Easy
- Special Consideration: Vegetarian
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic clove and sauté until softened and fragrant. Stir in the broth, pumpkin, ricotta, parmigiano, sage, cinnamon and a pinch each of salt and pepper, to taste. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until thick and aromatic, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, thoroughly rinse the noodles, cut them into manageable pieces and pat them dry with paper towels. Add them to the pan and stir to coat.
4. Transfer the pasta to four ramekins or a large 8” square baking dish. Top with the 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese and fontina cheese.
5. Meanwhile, mix together the garlic, safe, breadcrumbs and olive oil. Sprinkle on top of the cheese. Transfer the dishes to the oven and bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
Recipe created by Abbey Sharp of Abbey's Kitchen.
Makes 4 servings
2 pkgs House Foods Tofu Shirataki Fettuccine shaped noodles
1 tbsp olive oil
½ onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
¾ cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
15 oz can of pure pumpkin puree
¼ cup part skim ricotta cheese
2 tbsp finely grated parmigiano reggiano
5 small sage leaves, finely minced
1/8th tsp cinnamon
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp parmigiano reggiano
1 oz fontina cheese, finely grated
½ clove garlic, grated
1 leaf sage, finely minced
¼ cup Italian breadcrumbs
2 tsp olive oil