Tofu & Vegetable Enchiladas with Red Chili Sauce
- Product: Firm, Extra firm
- Meal Type: Entrée
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Level: Intermediate
- Special Consideration: Flexitarian, Vegetarian
1. Wrap Tofu in paper towels and press to remove excess water and crumble.
2. Cook mushrooms with 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a large skillet medium-high heat until browned. Add red onion and cook until translucent. Add Tofu and cook until browned. Add spinach And 1 tsp. salt. Stir until spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
3. In a large skillet on medium heat, place tortillas and cook for 1 minute on each side.
4. Put 1/2 cup of mixture on tortilla and roll up to form the enchilada.
5. In a large skillet on medium heat, sauté white onion until brown, using 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil.
6. Add enchilada sauce and salt to taste. Bring it to a boil.
7. Dip the enchiladas into the hot sauce and place on a plate. Pour the remaining sauce over enchiladas and top with cheese. Serve hot.
½ package (7oz) House Foods Premium Tofu Firm or Extra Firm, drained
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp salt or more to taste
½ cup white mushrooms, thinly sliced
½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
8 corn tortillas
1 can (19oz) Enchilada sauce
¼ white onion, thinly sliced
Queso Fresco for garnish, crumbled
Nutrition Per Serving
1 (289.75 g per serving)
- 280 kcal
- 40 g
- 11 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 0 mg
- 10 g
- 1330 mg
- 6 g
- 4 g