- Product: Extra firm, Super firm
- Meal Type: Entrée
- Cuisine: Italian
- Level: Easy
- Special Consideration: Vegetarian
1. Lay the tofu slices on a paper towel or clean dishtowel and press gently with another towel to absorb some of the water. Brush lightly with extra virgin olive oil and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Grill tofu on each side for 2-3 minutes, until nice grill lines appear.
3. Lay out 6 slices of bread on a cutting board. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Top 3 slices of bread each with 2 slices of tofu, 3 slices of cheese and divide the marinated artichokes evenly among the sandwiches. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top with the remaining 3 pieces of bread. Slice in half to serve.
Recipe created by Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos, stars of Cooking Channel's show Extra Virgin
The pecorino adds a delicious salty flavor.
Makes 3 sandwiches
1 pkg. House Foods Premium or Organic Tofu Extra Firm or Super Firm, sliced into six even slices
Extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
6 slices Pugliese bread, or other hard crusted artisanal bread
9 slices young pecorino cheese
3 marinated artichokes, thinly sliced
3 large pieces roasted red bell peppers, sliced
balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
Nutrition Per Serving
- Saturated Fat