Tofu Vegan Almond Biscotti
- Product: Soft
- Meal Type: Dessert bakery
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Level: Easy
- Special Consideration: Flexitarian, Vegan, Vegetarian
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the almonds on a cookie sheet and toast them in the oven for about 8 minutes, then transfer to a bowl to cool off. Roughly chop once cool.
2. Blend the tofu, oil, almond extract and coconut sugar together in a food processor until smooth. Transfer the tofu mixture to a standing mixer outfitted with a paddle attachment, making sure to scrape the sides of the food processor clean.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Turn mixer to a medium speed and add the dry ingredients to the tofu in 3 additions. Mix until the dough comes together then stir in the almonds.
4. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Use your hands to seperate the dough in two equal parts and create two uniform logs approximately 1½ inches tall, 2 inches thick and 8 inches long. Bake for 35 minutes, until the top has reached a nice golden brown color.
5. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Use a serrated knife to slice the cookies about ¾-inch thick. Place the sliced cookies back on the sheet tray.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F and bake the cookies for 15 minutes on each side, until crisp and crunchy throughout.
Recipe created by Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos, stars of Cooking Channel's show Extra Virgin
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
¾ cup House Foods Premium or Organic Tofu Soft
1½ cup plain almonds
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 tsp. almond extract
1¾ cups coconut palm sugar or vegan sugar
3½ cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
½ tsp. Kosher salt
Nutrition Per Serving
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat