Tofu Vegan Almond Biscotti
- Product: Soft
- Meal Type: Dessert bakery
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Level: Easy
- Special Consideration: Flexitarian, Vegan, Vegetarian
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the almonds on a cookie sheet and toast them in the oven for about 8 minutes, then transfer to a bowl to cool off. Roughly chop once cool.
2. Blend the tofu, oil, almond extract and coconut sugar together in a food processor until smooth. Transfer the tofu mixture to a standing mixer outfitted with a paddle attachment, making sure to scrape the sides of the food processor clean.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Turn mixer to a medium speed and add the dry ingredients to the tofu in 3 additions. Mix until the dough comes together then stir in the almonds.
4. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Use your hands to seperate the dough in two equal parts and create two uniform logs approximately 1 1/2 inches tall, 2 inches thick and 8 inches long. Bake for 35 minutes, until the top has reached a nice golden brown color.
5. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Use a serrated knife to slice the cookies about 3/4-inch thick. Place the sliced cookies back on the sheet tray.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake the cookies for 15 minutes on each side, until crisp and crunchy throughout.
Recipe created by Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos, stars of Cooking Channel's show Extra Virgin
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
3/4 cup House Foods Premium or Organic Tofu Soft
1 1/2 cup plain almonds
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 tsp. almond extract
1 3/4 cups coconut palm sugar or vegan sugar
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
Nutrition Per Serving
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat