Yakitori Style Tofu
- Product: Super firm
- Meal Type: Appetizer, Entrée
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Level: Easy
- Special Consideration: Flexitarian, Vegetarian
1. Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan set to medium heat, stir to dissolve sugar.
2. When sauce has reduced by half, remove from heat and set aside.
3. Once sauce has cooled, strain and separate into two equal bowls.
1. In first bowl combine marinade with tofu, let sit for 15 minutes.
2. In second bowl, mix 3 ½ Tbsp brown sugar and set aside (this will be your glaze).
3. Once tofu has marinated, skewer 3 tofu and 4 scallions by alternating on 2 skewers. Make 8 sets and set aside.
4. Grill and glaze tofu.
Makes 8 skewers
1 pkg. House Foods Premium or Organic Tofu Super Firm, drained, pressed and cut into 24 pieces
8 scallions, cut into ½” pieces
3½ Tbsp. brown sugar, lightly packed
16 skewer sticks, soaked in water overnight
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup water
¼ cup mirin (rice cooking wine)
¼ cup tamari
2 Tbsp. sake
2 tsp. brown sugar
¼ tsp. ground pepper
2 scallions, roughly chopped
1 ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
Nutrition Per Serving
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat